The more time students spend engaged with the curriculum, the better the learning process, and the higher their achievement. This statement is simple and true, but the “how” is more complex.
St. Anthony High School provides its students with the best possible college preparatory education, equipping students with the knowledge and tools they need to succeed in school and in life. After successfully launching our iPad Program in 2011, St. Anthony High School continues to use this transformational technology to enhance student learning and the overall educational experience.
- Replaces traditional hard-bound textbooks which saves parents money
- Facilitates student organization and homework management
- Provides an organized note-taking tool
- Provides a student planner to assist with time management, homework assignments, etc.
- Provides online research
- Facilitates individual and group work and communication
- Enables management of class assignments, quizzes and tests
- Provides a platform for video or audio copies of lectures
- Replaces English and foreign language dictionaries and thesauruses
- Replaces calculators for math and science classes
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM
In addition to the student’s personal use of the iPad on campus and off, additional items included in the program are: application software, enterprise mobile device management software, training and technical support and a campus-wide wireless network and internet line to accommodate intensive communication requirements, access and speed.
Although the fee is paid during the student’s first year of attendance, the program is for four years and covers the following every year:
- Watch mobile device management software
- PowerSchool (student information system)
- Schoology (learning management system)
- Naviance (academic counseling services)
Important to note: eBook purchases for required textbooks are not included in the iPad Program Fee. The iPad unit is the property of St. Anthony High School, but when a student ends his/her career at St. Anthony High School, a transfer of ownership may be arranged with a parent, if the family would like to take the device with them.