Mission & Philosophy
St. Anthony High School provides an affordable Catholic co-educational, college preparatory education to students from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds in the greater Long Beach area. We are committed to academic excellence and the spiritual, social, physical and intellectual development of each student within a safe, caring, faith-based community. Students are prepared to become morally aware, academically capable leaders who are outstanding contributors in a complex technological and global society.
St. Anthony High School is committed to academic excellence and the spiritual, physical, social and intellectual development of each student within a safe, caring, faith-based community. The school endeavors to form a faith community among parents, faculty, staff and students by providing an atmosphere which fosters Catholic values and helps students develop as knowledgeable and involved Christians.
PHILOSOPHY, GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
St. Anthony High School, located in Long Beach, California and founded in 1920, is a four-year, Catholic, college preparatory, co-educational high school which serves students with diverse ethnic, academic, social and economic backgrounds in the Long Beach, South Bay and surrounding areas.
The school endeavors to form a faith community among parents, faculty, staff and students by:
- Providing an atmosphere which fosters Catholic values and helps students develop as knowledgeable and involved Christians
- Fostering an academic climate whereby students of varying abilities are offered educational and career opportunities
- Providing for the needs of the student by integrating academic opportunities, a social and spiritual environment, counseling services, athletic and co-curricular activities that develop the whole person
- Offering structure and discipline to increase student awareness of their social and individual responsibilities
The faculty and staff are committed to:
- Preparing students to enter an increasingly challenging, complex, secular, and technological society with a thorough program which integrates intellectual development and skills acquisition
- Encouraging students to become more aware of the message of Christ and of their own dignity and self-worth through a variety of experiences
- Developing in the students a greater appreciation for multiculturalism so that they can better serve the local and global community in the realization that in diversity there is dignity
- Supporting parents in their role as primary educators - Maintaining professional standards; modeling the faith life and exemplifying the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Church