Dear Class of 2018 Parents & Students,
It’s amazing to think that we are only a few weeks away from one of the most important milestones in your son/daughter’s life; graduation! We at St. Anthony will truly miss these fine students who we all have grown to love, day in and day out. We know this is not goodbye and they will always be Saints!
We wanted to send an email with some reminders.
1) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS
All financial accounts must be paid and current in order for a student to receive his/her diploma on June 2nd after the graduation ceremony. Any students with outstanding athletic uniforms will also not be cleared. To get financial information on your student or to verify accounts are clear, please contact the Business Office at(562) 435-4496 x1216. You will be receiving your "Final Graduation Check" notification next week indicating this information.
2) CAP/GOWN/GRAD TICKET DISTRIBUTION & TICKET INFORMATION
For students who are cleared, the above items can be picked up on:
Tuesday May 29th: After Baccalaureate Mass Practice until 2pm- Mrs. Baez Office
Wednesday May 30th: After Graduation Practice in GYM
Each graduate will be given 8 tickets (3 floor tickets and 5 bleacher tickets) for the graduation ceremony. There are no tickets or limits for the Baccalaureate Mass the prior evening on June 1st. If you are in need of additional tickets, you will need to speak to another seniorparent/student who might not use all of their allotment.
NO ADDITIONAL TICKETS WILL BE GIVEN OR WILL BE AVAILABLE. PLEASE DO NOT ASK. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE SCHOOL TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL TICKETS.
3) SENIOR FINALS/SCHEDULE/PRACTICES
Students will be taking Final Exams May 22-24. The following week, there is no school however there will be practices. ALL STUDENTS MUST BE PRESENT FOR PRACTICES OR THE PRACTICE WILL NOT TAKE PLACE. Here is the schedule for the final days:
Tuesday May 22: Final Exams during periods 5 & 7. 2:30pm Dismissal
Wednesday May 23: Final Exams during periods 2,4,6. 12:30pm Dismissal
Thursday May 24: Final Exams during periods 1 & 3. Seniors may leave campus at 11:05am following period 3.
Tuesday May 29: No School for Seniors. 10am Baccalaureate Mass Rehearsal in SA Church
Wednesday May 30: No School for Seniors. 10am Graduation Practice in GYM
4:00pm: Arrive to Clark Field for GRAD NIGHT at Disneyland
3:00AM: Return from Grand Night
Thursday May 31: No School for Seniors. 10am Graduation Practice in GYM (If needed)
4) Baccalaureate Mass, Friday June 1st, 7pm in SA Church
1) Arrive to front of church at 6:15pm SHARP
2) Wear gown ONLY, Carry Cap with tassel already on cap in with you for capping ceremony
3) One or two parents/guardians will walk in with you. They also need to meet in front of the church
4) Only cap and gown is worn at the Baccalaureate Mass. No cords/stoles/medals are worn.
5) Once caps are placed, tassels are worn to the right until the end of graduation ceremony when you will be instructed to move them to the left.
6) Male students must wear a shirt, tie, dress pants, and dress shoes under the gown. Female students must wear appropriate clothing and shoes.
MALE STUDENTS MUST BE CLEAN SHAVEN, NO EARRINGS, OR WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN MASS AND/OR GRADUATION
7) Space is limited in the church. We STRONGLY encourage only immediate family at this Mass.
MANDATORY TO ATTEND. STUDENTS NOT ATTENDING BACCALAUREATE MASS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN GRADUATION.
5) Graduation, Saturday June 2nd, 10:00am in Gym
1) Arrive to gym at 9:15am SHARP. Meet near St. Anthony Elem. School outside.
2) Wear cap, gown, tassel on the right, cords, stoles. No leis or other non-authorized items may be worn.
3) Valedictorian finalists, Salutatorian finalists, and Christian Service Award winners may wear their medals.
4) Male students must wear a shirt, tie, dress pants, and dress shoes under the gown. Female students must wear appropriate clothing and shoes.
5) NO BALLOONS, AIRHORNS OR NOISEMAKERS ALLOWED INSIDE THE GYM. PLEASE LEAVE THESE ITEMS INSIDE THE CAR FOR AFTER THE CEREMONY.
6) Gym opens at 9:15am. Tell your guests to arrive early. Doors will be closed at 10:05 and people will be “locked out” by security until an appropriate time in the ceremony to allow entry
7) For those having general admission tickets, seats are not assigned; first-come, first-served seating. Very small children who will sit on a lap do not need a ticket.
Following the graduation ceremony you MUST report to the administration building (A building, main campus) to return your graduation gown (i.e. cords, stoles etc.). Once your items have been accounted for you may be cleared to receive your diploma.
To expedite the check-in of your graduation gown please repack it in the plastic bag it came in. The student label will help us quickly identify whose gown has been returned. The cap and tassel are yours to keep.
Students must return their iPad to their Period 3 teacher (last final exam on Thursday). Mr. Ornelas will email the date(s)/time(s) for Seniors to return to “buy-out” the iPad for $1.00 and transfer of ownership for those wishing to keep their device.
Any items left in lockers after Thursday May 24 will be disposed.
7) FACIAL HAIR/MALE EARRINGS
Senior students are not allowed to have any facial hair at the Baccalaureate Mass or Graduation. Male students, as always, are not allowed to wear earrings at SAHS events. They are welcome to bring them to wear for after graduation!
We hope this information is helpful. Feel free to contact us with any questions. We look forward to celebrating this important milestone with you!