Dear Class of 2019 Parents & Students,
It’s amazing to think that we are only a few weeks away from one of the most important milestones in your son/daughter’s life; graduation! We at St. Anthony will truly miss these fine students who we all have grown to love, day in and day out. We know this is not goodbye and they will always be Saints!
We wanted to send an email with some reminders.
FINAL EXAMS/PRACTICES/GRAD NIGHT
Students will be taking Final Exams May 21-23. The following week, there is no school however there will be practices. ALL STUDENTS MUST BE PRESENT FOR PRACTICES. Here is the schedule for the final days:
Monday, May 20: Senior day retreat and yearbook signing. 8:00-Noon in the gym
Tuesday May 21: Final Exams during periods 5 & 7. 2:30pm Dismissal
Wednesday May 22: Final Exams during periods 2,4,6. 12:30pm Dismissal
Thursday May 23: Final Exams during periods 1 & 3. Seniors may leave campus at 11:05am following period 3. Final day of school for seniors.
Friday, May 24: No School for seniors
Monday, May 27: Memorial Day
Tuesday May 28: Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation Rehearsal in SA Church and gym. 10:00AM – Noon.
Wednesday May 29: No School for Seniors. 10am Graduation Practice in GYM (if needed)
4:00pm: Arrive to Clark Field for GRAD NIGHT at the Disneyland Resort
3:00AM: Return from Grand Night. Please make arrangements for departure from Clark Field at 3:00AM.
Thursday May 30: No School for Seniors.
Academic and Athletic Awards Convocation (invite only) 6:00PM in the church
CAP/GOWN/GRAD TICKET DISTRIBUTION & TICKET INFORMATION
For students who are cleared, the above items can be picked up on:
Tuesday May 28th: After Baccalaureate Mass/Graduation Practice until 2pm- Mrs. Baez Office. This rehearsal is mandatory for all graduates.
Each graduate will be given 8 tickets (3 floor tickets and 5 bleacher tickets) for the graduation ceremony. There are no tickets or limits for the Baccalaureate Mass the prior evening on June 1st. If you are in need of additional tickets, you will need to speak to another seniorparent/student who might not use all of their allotment.
NO ADDITIONAL TICKETS WILL BE GIVEN OR WILL BE AVAILABLE. PLEASE DO NOT ASK. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE SCHOOL TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL TICKETS.
Friday May 31: Baccalaureate Mass, 7:00pm in SA Church
1) Arrive to front of church at 6:15pm SHARP
2) Wear gown ONLY, Carry Cap with tassel already on cap in with you for capping ceremony
3) One or two parents/guardians will walk in with you. They also need to meet in front of the church
4) Only cap and gown is worn at the Baccalaureate Mass. No cords/stoles/medals are worn.
5) Once caps are placed, tassels are worn to the right until the end of graduation ceremony when you will be instructed to move them to the left.
6) Male students must wear a shirt, tie, dress pants, and dress shoes under the gown. Female students must wear appropriate clothing and shoes.
MALE STUDENTS MUST BE CLEAN SHAVEN OR THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN MASS AND/OR GRADUATION. NO EARRINGS FOR MALE STUDENTS
7) Space is limited in the church. We STRONGLY encourage only immediate family at this Mass.
MANDATORY TO ATTEND. STUDENTS NOT ATTENDING BACCALAUREATE MASS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN GRADUATION.
Saturday June 1st: Graduation, 10:00am in Gym
1) Arrive to gym at 9:15am SHARP. Meet near St. Anthony Elem. School outside.
2) Wear cap, gown and tassel on the right, cords, and stoles. No leis or other non-authorized items may be worn.
3) Valedictorian finalists, Salutatorian finalists, and Christian Service Award winners may wear their medals.
4) Male students must wear a shirt, tie, dress pants, and dress shoes under the gown. Female students must wear appropriate clothing and shoes.
5) NO BALLOONS, AIRHORNS OR NOISEMAKERS ALLOWED INSIDE THE GYM. PLEASE LEAVE THESE ITEMS INSIDE THE CAR FOR AFTER THE CEREMONY.
6) Gym opens at 9:15am. Tell your guests to arrive early. Doors will be closed at 10:05 and people will be “locked out” by security until an appropriate time in the ceremony to allow entry
7) For those having general admission tickets, seats are not assigned; first-come, first-served seating. Very small children who will sit on a lap do not need a ticket.
Following the graduation ceremony you MUST report to the administration building (A building, main campus) to return your graduation gown (i.e. cords, stoles etc.). Once your items have been accounted for you may be cleared to receive your diploma.
To expedite the check-in of your graduation gown please repack it in the plastic bag it came in. The student label will help us quickly identify whose gown has been returned. The cap and tassel are yours to keep.
8) Parking is very limited on graduation day. It is HIGHLY recommended that carpools are arranged within the family to reduce the need for parking. Early arrival is recommended for all drivers.
All financial accounts must be paid and current in order for a student to receive his/her diploma on June 1 after the graduation ceremony. Any students with outstanding athletic uniforms or missing service hours will also not be cleared. To get financial information on your student or to verify accounts are clear, please contact the Business Office at(562) 435-4496 x1216. You will be receiving your "Final Graduation Check" notification next week indicating this information.
Students must return their iPad to their Period 3 teacher (last final exam on Thursday). Mr. Castaneda will email the date(s)/time(s) for Seniors to return to “buy-out” the iPad for $1.00 and transfer of ownership for those wishing to keep their device.
Any items left in lockers after Thursday May 23 will be disposed.
We hope this information is helpful. Feel free to contact us with any questions. We look forward to celebrating this important milestone with you!