PEP - Parents & Educators in Partnership
Welcome St. Anthony Families: WE ARE FAMILY!
The Parents and Educators in Partnership (PEP) Leadership Team welcomes new and retuning families for the 2016-17 academic year. As a family member of one or more students at SAHS you are automatically a member of PEP which comes with 4 major benefits: 1. No membership fee or due-you are part of our family; 2. The chance to earn 1.5 service hours for each full PEP meeting you attend; 3. Opportunities to hear about what is taking place at the school from an academic, sports, spiritual and student perspective; and 4. Be the first to hear about other opportunities to earn service hours which help keep tuition VERY REASONABLE.
The PEP Leadership Team invites you to get involved, in a study conducted by scholars at the Southwest Educational Development Laboratory (SEDL) found that students with involved parents, no matter their income or background, are more likely to:
- Earn higher grades and test scores, and enroll in higher-level programs
- Be promoted, pass their classes and earn credits
- Attend school regularly
- Have better social skills, show improved behavior and adapt well to school
- Graduate and go on to post-secondary education.
- Attend PEP meetings which will be held 6:30-8 pm this year! Dates are: 10/10; 11/7’ 12/12; 1/9; 2/13; 3/6; 4/10; 5/8 and 6/5.
- Check the Service Hours tab on the website for opportunities at: http://www.longbeachsaints.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=286778&type=d&pREC_ID=658346
- Learn how to access PowerSchool and Schoology so you can check grades, homework, etc. [note: Mr. O the Technology Wiz of the campus will be at most PEP meetings to assist you with this]
- Come out and support academic, sports and performing arts activities that our students participate in.
- Sign up for 5K Run in March this money is used for financial aid
- Grocery Store Club Cards: Sign up your grocery store and credit cards to make EASY money for the school. Every time you use your card, St. Anthony receives a percentage. Remember, most store cards must be updated annually
- Purchase E-Scrip (which is like purchasing gift cards for you to use at places where you shop Ralphs, Vons, Stater Brothers; Barnes and Noble; Starbucks; etc.); also part of the proceeds may be applied towards your June tuition! For more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the E-Scrip Chair will contact you
I and the PEP Leadership Team look forward to meeting you and working with you this year.
Mary Jo Ginty
2016-2017 PEP President
The Purpose of PEP
- To promote active volunteerism and meaningful parent and family participation at SAHS
- To get to know other parents and build bonds of cooperation and friendship
- To increase communications with school administration, faculty and staff
- To seek out resources and activities that will strengthen SAHS' educational mission and goals
- To help raise the standards of learning and intellectual development for the students at SAHS
- To address and be advocates for important issues that affect SAHS students and community
- To support and initiate programs, projects and services that will advance the overall SAHS community
- To actively participate in fundraising endeavors that provide financial assistance for SAHS
- To perpetuate the spiritual growth of the SAHS students and community.