PEP - Parents & Educators in Partnership
Welcome St. Anthony Families!
The Purpose of PEP
- To promote active volunteerism and meaningful parent and family participation at SAHS
- To get to know other parents and build bonds of cooperation and friendship
- To increase communications with school administration, faculty and staff
- To seek out resources and activities that will strengthen SAHS' educational mission and goals
- To help raise the standards of learning and intellectual development for the students at SAHS
- To address and be advocates for important issues that affect SAHS students and community
- To support and initiate programs, projects and services that will advance the overall SAHS community
- To actively participate in fundraising endeavors that provide financial assistance for SAHS
- To perpetuate the spiritual growth of the SAHS students and community.
A Letter from the 2017-2018 PEP President
The Parents and Educators in Partnership (PEP) Leadership Team welcomes new and retuning families for the 2017-18 academic year!
As a family member of one or more students at SAHS you are automatically a member of PEP which comes with 4 major benefits:
1. No membership fees or dues are required, you are now part of our family
2. The chance to earn 1.5 service hours for each full PEP Meeting you attend
3. Opportunities to hear about what is taking place at the school from an academic, sports, spiritual and student perspective
4. Be the first to hear about other opportunities to earn service hours which help keep tuition VERY REASONABLE
The PEP Leadership Team invites you to get involved! A study conducted by scholars at the Southwest Educational Development Laboratory (SEDL) found that students with involved parents, no matter their income or background, are more likely to:
- Earn higher grades and test scores, and enroll in higher-level programs
- Be promoted, pass their classes and earn credits
- Attend school regularly
- Have better social skills
- Show improved behavior and adapt well to school
- Graduate and go on to post-secondary education.
- Attend PEP meetings which will be held from 6:15-8:00pm on 10/9, 11/13, 12/11, 1/8, 2/12, 3/5, 4/9 and 5/14.
- Check the Service Hours tab on the website for opportunities at: http://www.longbeachsaints.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=286778&type=d&pREC_ID=658346
- Learn how to access PowerSchool and Schoology so you can check grades, homework, etc. (Mr. O the Campus Technology Wiz will be at most PEP meetings to assist you with this)
- Come out and support academic, sports and performing arts activities
- Sign up for Saints Run 5K which takes place on March, 10, 2018
- Register your grocery store cards and credit cards as an EASY way to money for the school. Every time you use your card St. Anthony High School receives a percentage. (Remember, most store cards must be updated annually.)
- Purchase E-Scrip, which is like purchasing gift cards for you to use at places you already shop like Ralphs, Vons, Stater Bros, Barnes and Noble, Starbucks, etc.. Part of the proceeds may be applied towards your June tuition! For more information send an email to Scrip@LongBeachSaints.org and the E-Scrip Chair will contact you.
- Make all your Amazon purchases by going through Amazon Smile: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-3223597
The PEP Leadership Team and I look forward to meeting you and working with you this year!