Parent participation and leadership is an essential component to the vitality, development and promotion of any school. Parents and Educators in Partnership or PEP is the official parent organization for St. Anthony High School (SAHS). PEP is a forum for parents to initiate dialogue and ideas. The mission of PEP is to work in collaboration with other parents as well as the administration, faculty, alumni and community at large for the overall advancement, interests and betterment of SAHS. All parents or legal guardians of students currently enrolled at SAHS are automatically members of this organization and welcome to join all our meetings and activities. Welcome!
The Purpose of PEP
• To promote active volunteerism and meaningful parent and family participation at SAHS
• To get to know other parents and build bonds of cooperation and friendship
• To increase communications with school administration, faculty and staff
• To seek out resources and activities that will strengthen SAHS' educational mission and goals
• To help raise the standards of learning and intellectual development for the students at SAHS
• To address and be advocates for important issues that affect SAHS students and community
• To support and initiate programs, projects and services that will advance the overall SAHS community
• To actively participate in fundraising endeavors that provide financial assistance for SAHS
• To perpetuate the spiritual growth of the SAHS students and community
How Can You Help?
Parent involvement and the PEP organization have been essential to St. Anthony's growth and revitalization in recent years.
1. Sign up to help with school sponsored events such as our the Annual Saints 5K Run/Walk hosted each Spring on the beach in Long Beach, landscaping and fix-up/renovation projects on campus and at the athletic field throughout the year, and the Annual Golf Classic hosted every June at El Dorado Golf Course.
2. E-Scrip and Grocery Store Club Cards: Sign up your grocery and credit cards to make EASY money for the school. Remember, most store cards must be updated annually. Call Sheila O'Rourke at SAHS Public Relations Office for more info: (562) 435-4496 Ext. 1229.
3. OneCause.com: This is an outstanding program that gives a percentage of every purchase you make to certain stores online to SAHS. Go to OneCause.com and follow the instructions to sign up. There are many, many stores who participate in this program, such as Nordstrom, Barnes and Noble, Staples, Coldwater Creek, JC Penny, etc..
Welcome, St. Anthony Families,
The Parents and Educators in Partnership (PEP) Organization welcomes both new and returning families to St. Anthony High School for the 2014-2015 school year. We send out a heartfelt thank you to our outstanding Committee Chairs who served last year, and all parents who took time from your busy schedules to volunteer. Your dedication made the past year a huge success – thank you!
Now, as we begin a new school year, I invite you to take advantage of the many opportunities available at St. Anthony to get involved and support your child’s education. Parent service hours are a meaningful and important part of the St. Anthony’s, and we need you! We are proud to say that our PEP parent organization is made up of parents, teachers, grandparents, guardians, school administrators and staff, all focused on improving the educational experience of our children. PEP has many activities and services throughout the year, and it is our hope that every family can participate in some way. PEP Meetings are held regularly and dates are posted on our website calendar (www.longbeachsaints.org). You can earn service hours for attending a PEP Meeting, and it’s a great opportunity to get to know other parents as well.
This year we look forward to several great events: dedication of the newly renovated "Science Building", the 5K Run and the Annual Golf Classic. Watch for details. Each offers a wonderful way to get involved!
I look forward to meeting you and working with you this year.
2014-2015 PEP President
PEP LEADERSHIP TEAM 2014-2015
David Zanatta (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Maria Villa Marquez (email@example.com)
Janet Hadeen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Christy Littleford (email@example.com)
Yolanda Lockett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Michelle Large (email@example.com)
Parents On Campus
Mary Jo Ginty (firstname.lastname@example.org)
St. Anthony High School President
Gina Rushing Maguire (gina.maguire@longbeachsaints.
St. Anthony High School Principal
Mike Schabert (mike.schabert@
SA "Done In A Day" Work Project Coordinator
Kelly Jondle (email@example.com)
Don't forget to check the school calendar on a regular basis!