SAHS iPad Program
The more time students spend engaged with the curriculum, the better the learning process, and the higher their achievement. This statement is simple and true, but the “how” is more complex. St. Anthony High School provides its students with the best possible college preparatory education, equipping students with the knowledge and tools they need to succeed in school and in life. After successfully launching our iPad Program in 2011, St. Anthony High School continues to use this transformational technology to enhance student learning and the overall educational experience.
- Textbooks are downloaded for about half the cost of hard-bound books, saving parents money
- Facilitate student organization and homework management
- Provide an organized note-taking tool
- Provide a student planner to assist them with time management, homework assignments, etc.
- Provide online research
- Facilitate individual and group work and communication
- Enable management of class assignments, quizzes and tests
- Provide a platform for video or audio copies of lectures
- Replace English and foreign language dictionaries and thesauruses
- Use as calculators for math and science classes
Program Cost: What is Included
The one-time cost for the iPad Program for an incoming student is $750 and is due by June 15, 2016. In addition to the student’s personal use of the iPad on campus and off, additional items included in the program are: application software, enterprise mobile device management software, training and technical support and a campus-wide wireless network and Internet line to accommodate intensive communication requirements, access and speed.
Although the fee is paid during the student’s first year of attendance, the program is for four years and covers the following every year:
- System application updates
- Air-Watch mobile device management software
- PowerSchool (Student Information System)
- Schoology (Learning Management System)
- Naviance (Academic Counseling Services)
- Security system (Firewall)
- System maintenance and support
- Wi-fi access anywhere on campus
- Professional development
Important to note: eBook purchases for required textbooks are not included in the iPad Program Fee. The iPad unit is the property of St. Anthony High School, but when a student ends his/her career at St. Anthony High School, a transfer of ownership may be arranged with a parent, if the family would like to take the device with them.